Friday, June 25, 2010

Issues with Technology

I watched an interview on Charlie Rose about the new version of the I-Phone. The guest who discussed this topic with Charlie was Walter Mossberg, a technology writer for The Wall Street Journal. Mossberg ended up discussing new developments in smart phone technology beyond Apple's product, including Android phones using Google software. Listening to the discussion and watching a display of the communication capabilities of the I-Phone, I was once again reminded of how out of touch I am with digital technologies. I have learned much in the technology course, but I realize there is a lot more ground to cover before I would label myself competent in the use of the software and programs used by librarians. Sometimes I do become discouraged when I ponder this situation, but it is more salubrious not to think about it. I know that I have time to learn about the technology while I am here in Pittsburgh, yet my time is not unlimited. After twelve classes, the master's program is finished and I will have to take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment