Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Week

After a month of heavy course work, I experienced the first signs of mental fatigue this week. I passed a significant part of last weekend writing an essay that I had already done a lot of reading and research for, and it took four long nights to complete the paper. I also had a technology project that I had to redo a couple of times to comply with the assignment requirements. When both of those assignments were done by the middle of the week, I felt completely drained. It was necessary for me to relax and focus on my life for a couple of days. Since the start of the summer term, I have allowed myself to focus only briefly on matters beyond school, but the time has come to commence concentrating on what I want to get out of my time in grad school and in the city. There are only six or seven tough weeks left before the summer break, so I do not have to maintain this effort for much longer. I am sure that I will be greatful for the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment