Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Want My Brain Back!

I am truly looking forward to not having any schoolwork in three weeks. The effort to keep up with three courses this summer- two of which have required enormous mental exertion just to comprehend the material- is sapping my mental vitality. After working on an essay for five nights, I feel especially drained (and elated) at this moment. It is not my fatigue that is bothering me the most, though. It is the lack of mental freedom I am experiencing. The schoolwork has monopolized my thoughts and creative energies over the last nine weeks. Even when I have devoted time to amusements, I have not been able to forget that there are tasks that must be completed by a particular day. This shadow of daily responsibilities hanging over my life is an experience I have not gone through for a while, and it not a circumstance that is easy for me to adjust to. There were times when the burden of the work was completely overwhelming. Over the last five weeks I have learned how to handle the pressures without panicking. I definitely have learned much about myself and my capabilities to deal with challenges throughout this summer term. I am just seeking a respite at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment